Academic program in partnership with HSE
Garage Museum of Contemporary Art and leading Russian university the Higher School of Economics combine the expertise of a cultural institution and theoretical knowledge with university studies and research.
As part of their long-term partnership, the two institutions have created the Garage Department at HSE, the mission of which is to develop the Museum’s research projects and launch new education programs. The scientific and educational platform of HSE will provide opportunities for research in the field of contemporary art and the training of qualified professionals, who are much in demand in contemporary Russia.
Master’s programIn fall 2019, Garage launched a two-year, on-campus, practice-oriented master’s program which is unique in Russia. Graduates of the program have the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to work in curating or art management. Their graduation project is an exhibition produced with financial support from the Garage Department at HSE.
MinorDeveloped by the Museum’s experts, the minor program offers participants the opportunity to explore current trends in contemporary art, contextualized within the evolution of modern intellectual thought and using the example of selected artists and projects. In addition to the basics of the history of art of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, students learn about institutional environments and the cultural industry.
Scientific ActivityThe Garage Joint Department aims to continue and expand the Museum’s research and educational activities and become a platform bringing together researchers writing dissertations on contemporary art and scientists working on collective projects. The selection of programs will expand and develop. We are open to new ideas.
- 15Aug 2022Presentation of the Garage master's program19:30 —
21:30Garage Central GalleryFree, registration required
- SIBUR grants to study on the joint master's program offered by Garage and the Higher School of Economics
- Grants for students of the master's program Curatorial Practices in Contemporary Art in 2022
- 5Aug 2021Presentation of the Garage master’s program Curatorial Practices in Contemporary Art19:00 —
21:00Garage Screen summer cinemaFree, registration required
- Prospective students for the Garage x HSE master’s program will have the opportunity to receive education grants from the Republic of Tatarstan
- Grants for students of the master's program Curatorial Practices in Contemporary Art in 2021
- 18Apr 2021Presentation of the Master’s Program Curatorial Practices in Contemporary Art at the Rails Center of Contemporary Culture18:00 —
20:00Rails Center of Contemporary CultureFree, registration required
- 22Dec 2020Presentation of the Garage master’s program Curatorial Practices in Contemporary Art19:30 —
21:00Free, registration required