The Garage team is always happy to share experience and discuss opportunities for collaboration.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work outside of Moscow allows the Garage to be part of national and global artistic processes, exchange experience, and build partnerships with other institutions to implement joint projects.
Garage organizes public lectures and discussions, including events for professional audiences, runs the Garage Screen Film Festival in Russian cities and the CIS countries, supports contemporary art libraries by providing them with books published by Garage, and shares its expertise with cultural initiatives in different cities. In 2020, Garage launched the annual Forum of Contemporary Art Institutions to foster professional communication and build horizontal connections between cultural workers.
The Museum’s off-site projects include: a festival of contemporary culture in Anadyr (2013); the touring exhibitions Co-thinkers (Yekaterinburg, 2017 and Nizhny Novgorod 2019) and Open Systems. Self-Organized Art Initiatives in Russia (Yekaterinburg, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Samara, Arkhangelsk, Saratov, Kazan, Vladivostok, 2016–2018); a contribution to the international exhibition ASTANA EXPO-2017; support for Tselinny Center for Contemporary Culture (Alma-Ata, 2018), Hub Center for Contemporary Art (Tashkent, 2019), and Tsikory Center for Contemporary Art (Zheleznogorsk, Kursk Region, 2021; together with The Art, Science and Sport Charity Foundation founded by Russian entrepreneur and patron of arts Alisher Usmanov).
- Fifth Wave. Special Project of the 2nd Garage Triennial of Russian Contemporary Art15 Apr —
6 June 2021Shchusev State Museum of Architecture
- 6May 2020Discussion “Shoulder to Shoulder. How cultural platforms perform during the crisis”18:00 —
- Garage Screen Film Festival 2020Free, registration required
- Co-thinkers at the Arsenal in Nizhny Novgorod23 Oct —
23 Feb 2020
- The Coming World: Ecology as the New Politics 2030–2100 at EXPO CHICAGO19 Sep —
22 Sep 2019EXPO CHICAGOFree
- 2July 2019International seminar "(In)visible bodies: gender, sexuality and cultural institutions in a New Europe"10:30 —
- Garage Screen Film Festival 2019
- Garage Museum of Contemporary Art’s external projects in 2019Garage Museum of Contemporary Art