Grants and stipends
Please send your questions and comments regarding the grant program to email@example.com.
Recognizing the need for institutional support of culture and art in Russia, in 2012 Garage Museum of Contemporary Art launched the country’s first grant program for emerging artists.
Garage awards grants to artists working in a wide range of media, including video art, photography, performance, painting, and street art, and chooses winners based on their uniqueness of vision, employment of new materials and forms, and cogency of artistic approach.
In 2022 the grant program features the following categories: grants for contemporary artists; Archive Summer grants for researchers who study Russian art; GARAGE.txt grants for authors writing on contemporary art and culture in the Russian language; as well a Garage Digital grant to support art projects produced with the use of new technology and media.
- Call for applications open for research related to the themes raised in the exhibition Spirit Labor: Duration, Difficulty, and Affect
- GARAGE.txt: Call for grant applications for researchers writing on contemporary art and culture in Russian
- Prospective students for the Garage x HSE master’s program will have the opportunity to receive education grants from the Republic of Tatarstan
- Applications are being accepted for the 2021/2022 grant program in support of emerging artists
- Grants for students of the master's program Curatorial Practices in Contemporary Art in 2021
- Applications are open for participation in the laboratory Extracurricular Practices.
- Open call to take part in Garage Studios' yearlong programFree
- Garage Digital 2021 Program of Support for Artists