If you would like to enroll in the program or participate as a teacher, please email Maria Polnikova, Head of Academic Programs at Garage, at email@example.com.
In fall 2019, Garage launched a two-year, on-campus, practice-oriented master’s program which is unique in Russia. Graduates of the program have the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to work in curating or art management. Their graduation project is an exhibition produced with financial support from the Garage Department at HSE.
The program is open to applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any subject. In future, the department plans provide training for art practitioners.
Why study with us
- The curriculum was developed by Garage experts and invited contemporary art theorists and practitioners.
- The program is taught at Garage campus in Gorky Park, with study integrated in the professional environment.
- The graduation project is an exhibition organized entirely by students.
- The department organizes lectures by leading Russian and international artists and art professionals.
Courses taught within the program
- Cultural Theory and History (Year 1)
- Exhibition management (Year 1 and 2)
- Visual Perception of Contemporary Art (Year 1)
- Exhibition Management (Year 1 and 2)
- Research in Contemporary Art (Year 1 and 2)
- Analysis and Interpretation in Contemporary Art: Models and Tools (Year 1 and 2)
- Planning an Exhibition and Stages of Production (Year 1 and 2)
- Graduate work (Year 1 and 2)
- Contemporary Art Criticism (Year 1 and 2)
- The History of Media—The History of Contemporary Art (Year 1 and 2)
- Contemporary Art Conservation (Year 2)
- Logistics and Customs (Year 2)
- Publishing as Part of Exhibitions (Year 2)
Information for Prospective Students
- The course is taught on campus during daytime on weekdays
- Students are offered accommodation in halls of residence in compliance with HSE regulations
- The program is taught over two years
- Tuition fees are 200,000 rubles per semester
- Students can apply for grants or part payment of tuition fees