May 14, Tuesday, 19:30
Musical Criticism: What do We Need It for?
Are you guided by opinions of musical critics? Alexei Trifonov will talk about different types of musical criticism in the media and its influence on audience preferences.
Entrance is free, space is limited, please arrive early
Alexei Trifonov (b. 1976) is a historian, producer and journalist. Since 2006 he has taught at the Russian State Humanities University (as well as lectured at the Faculty of Journalism at Moscow State University and in the Gnesins Russian Academy of Music). He has produced the concerts of Theodore Currentzis and those of numerous Russian musicians, he publishes books and CDs and writes for such editions as Kommersant, Russian Journal, DesIllusionist.
1. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. XIX century. Engraving
2. Elias Haussmann. Johann Sebastian Bach. 1747. Peters Publishing House, Leipzig
3. Christian Hornemann. Portrait of Ludwig van Beethoven. 1803
4. Leopold Kupelwieser. Portrait of Franz Schubert aged 16. 1813. Pencil drawing
5. Joseph Kriehuber. Robert Schumann. 1839. Lithographie