Having reviewed 307 applications, the expert board selected the seven recipients of the program’s scholarship for 2013–14:
• Evgeny Granilshchikov (Moscow)
• Arseny Zhilyaev (Voronezh – Moscow)
• Xenia Sorokin (Astrakhan – Moscow)
• ZIP Group (Krasnodar)
• Marina Androsovich (Moscow)
• Ilya Dolgov (Voronezh)
• Ivan Gorshkov (Voronezh)
Gorshkov was awarded the scholarship for the second year in a row. The program’s expert board included the following members:
• Svetlana Marich, Head of Moscow Office at Philips, International Director in charge of Philips contemporary art auctions
• Ekaterina Inozemtseva, Chief Curator at Moscow Multimedia Art Museum
• Kate Fowle, Chief Curator at Garage
• Anton Belov, Director of Garage
The Garage program aims to support young artists aged from 18 to 35 early in their careers when demand for their creative output is low and financial aid is needed.
The scholarship recipients represent a range of genres in contemporary art, including video art, photography, sculpture, painting, and street art. The principal selection criteria include originality, use of novel forms and materials, and credibility of artistic solutions.
The next application round of the annual program will start in summer 2014.