This catalog was published in conjunction with the exhibition “Plastic Show” at Almine Rech Gallery London, February 9 — March 25, 2017. The exhibition itself is a selection of works by seminal California artists from the Light and Space movement: Mary Corse (b.1945), Robert Irwin (b.1928), Craig Kauffman (1932–2010), John McCracken (1934–2011), and DeWain Valentine (b.1936) — five artists who, through a series of individual explorations, went on to investigate the broad potential that plastics could yield.
Known for their pioneering work with various synthetic resins and synthetic polymers during the 1960s and 1970s, these artists are today recognized not only for their active roles in the development of plastics as a newly discovered medium in art, but also for their sophisticated techniques and at times even quasi-acrobatic prowess required to shape them into the seamless, translucent, luscious volumes.
- ID. Art: Tech Exhibition2019
- Современная французская живопись: пересечения истории/ La peinture francaise contemporaine: combinaisons de l’histoire.2006
- Venice Document. et al., The Fundamental Practice2006
- From Dreams to Reality. Baltic/ Scandinavian Design and Craft Exhibition1993
- Giacometti — Nauman2016
- Understandable Art/ Понятное искусство1993
- OEI № 60-61 2013, Extra‑Disciplinary Spaces And De‑Disciplinizing Moments. In And Out Of The 30th Bienal De São Paulo2013
- Nasze ciało narodowe/ Наше нацiональне тiло/ Our National Body2016
- Gender Check: Femininity and Masculinity in the Art of Eastern Europe2009
- Janet Cardiff & George Bures Miller: The Murder of Crows2011
- Veilleurs du monde. Gbedji Kpontole: une aventure beninoise2000
- Обменённые головы/ Exchanged Heads1994