Currently the only program of its kind in the country, Garage’s grant program was launched in 2012 in order to create a system of support for emerging artists.
Offering emerging artists a period of financial independence, the program allows them to become more deeply engaged in creative activities, to grow professionally, and to conduct research. Recipients are also invited to take part in Garage’s exhibition and education programs.
The winners, selected by an expert jury, are awarded a monthly fellowship of 30,000 rubles.
Expert committee 2017/18:
- Anna Zaytseva, Deputy Exhibitions Director at Multimedia Art Museum, Moscow;
- Alexey Novoselov, head of Exhibitions at the Moscow Museum of Modern Art;
- Andrey Misiano, Junior Curator at Garage Museum of Contemporary Art;
- Ilya Shipilovskikh, head of Exhibitions at Yelstin Center, Yekaterinburg;
- Elena Yaichnikova, independent curator;
- Alisa Savitskaya, curator, Head of Exhibitions, National Centre for Contemporary Arts ROSIZO-NCCA (Arsenal, Nizhny Novgorod);
- Yana Gaponenko, head of the Vladivostok School of Contemporary Art.